Friday, July 2, 2010

TOOT TOOT

That's me tooting my own horn!  I realize it's the Friday of a holiday weekend and no one will read this until next week, but I just have to gloat. I can't help it.

Two major accomplishments today:

First, Lila's eating habits have become frustrating to say the least. I don't want an orange baby due to an overabundance of sweet potato intake, so I am getting super creative. Well, super creative for me anyway. Until recently she would hoover just about anything I put in front of her so I haven't had to step outside the box until now.

I did some digging and fell back on my old faithful for baby food making; www.wholesomebabyfood.com. To my utter delight they have an entire toddler section! I cut and pasted the ones I liked into a document and just started trying them. A lot of them are pancake-ish recipes so I started there. Of course we did the sweet potato pancakes and of course they were a hit. I went bold this time and did the cheddar and veggie pancakes (http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/Toddlers/toddlerfastfoods.htm). They are loaded with items from most of the major food groups. The best part is, they have a LOT of veggies in them which, as I'm sure you could have guessed, is the area we are lacking the most. SHE LOVED THEM. The recipe makes a ton too and could be varied in so many ways. Needless to say, I did not realize it would make so much so I had them for lunch with her.




See! She's cheering! And the tray is almost empty! And yes, she is eating in the buff.


Next, we have an accomplishment that has been a long time coming for me. When the girls threw me a baby shower Seth's cousin gave me two gorgeous diaper bags that she made. I fell in love with them and vowed that one day I would make them too. Fast forward well over a year and I have done it! I followed an AMAZING tutorial from a blog called Sew Much Ado. It has taken quite a while with many, many mistakes.  A lot of the lines are crooked and the lining could be much heavier. Like I said...many mistakes. BUT, I am very happy with it. I asked my friend Kristin to be my guinea pig so I made it with her in mind. She is having a boy and blue and brown are the colors of his nursery. I will be adding a few homemade goodies on the inside too that I will post later. Anyway, are you ready? Here it is!!!!










Happy fourth everyone!  We are headed south tomorrow until Monday :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out! Your fabric choices are darling. I'd love a bag just like it, and I'm sure your friend will love it too!

    I'd love it if you added some pics to the Sew Much Ado Flickr Pool. Here's the link:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1275633@N25/

    Thanks for sharing your bag with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great! Congratulations! I love sewing, so just keep it up and before long you'll be a pro.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...